Mana is a representation of Anubias magical prowess and are here as a representation of how much work Anubias has accomplished. It is the system used to rank -Political Status- For certain activities your Anubias will need to have acquired a certain amount of mana to be able to participate. These include all kinds of different events/contests/classes and more! It can also give you a chance of getting items and other types of bonuses for Anubias that might be useful for later activities!
Being high rank will also make the King pay more attention to your Anubias!
MANA CAN ONLY BE REWARDED ON FULL BODY ARTWORK AND IF YOU OWN AN ANUBIAS
If you draw Anubias head shots, busts, or draw them hidden away by huge items then it will not count!
Full Body/ Portrait Chart:
Drawing and Painting:
-Lineart/sketch = 1 mana (add to all images)
-Coloring = 2 mana
-Shading = 1 mana
-Background = 3 mana (this has to be an actual background either landscapes, interiors or some kind of environment)
-Simple Animation = 5 mana (It stacks on the drawing bonus) (e.i. blinking/bouncing)
-Complex Animation = 20 mana (It stacks on the drawing bonus) (walk cycles and full movement)
-Simple plushies = 10 mana
-Detailed plushies = 30 mana
-Simple needlefelt = 5 mana
-Detailed needlefelt = 20 mana
-Crochet = 20 mana
-Layered papercraft = 5 mana
-Simple Clay/fimo sculptures = 5 mana
-Detailed Clay/fimo sculptures = 20 mana
-3D digital model = 5 mana
-For every 200 words = 2 mana
Art by Others:
Recipient of Commision/ Gift Art = 1 mana
Drawing your companions with your Anubias = 1 mana per companion
Personal art Bonus (you get this for drawing your own anubias) = 1 mana
Examples of mana stacking:
Lineart/sketch (1 for lineart/sketch) = 1 mana
Drawing without shading (1 for lineart/sketch, 2 for coloring) = 3 mana
Drawing with shading (1 for lineart/sketch, 2 for coloring, 1 for shading) = 4 mana
Drawing with shading and background ( 1 for lineart/sketch, 2 for coloring, 1 for shading, 3 for background) = 7 mana
How to Earn and Spend Shells/Sand Dollars
- You will earn 1 Shell per full-body drawing of someone else's Anubias. If you draw 3 drawings, you get 3 Shells! This can be gifted or commissioned art.
- You can convert Shells into Sand Dollars in order to buy other Anubian creatures!
- Sand Dollars can be applied up to 30% off the original price. Please read the sale rules to see if Sand Dollar discounts are available
- Shell-to-Sand Dollar conversions are still a wip.
Shell and Sand Dollar - Special Rules for Bases/YCH
- If you make an Anubian base for others to color, you get 1 mana for lineart ONCE, the people who color it get nothing.
- If you make a base that you use for yourself you get 1 mana ONCE for making it, all art made on it after only counts for color/shading/bg etc
- If you make a base for a YCHs, you get 1 Shell ONCE for making it, the YCH recipient will still receive 1 Mana per full-body art.
- If you use someone else's base it will not give you any mana/Shells (you must draw the Anubias yourself for them to give you Mana points)
Bought/Traded Anubias - How Shells and Sand Dollars Change
This topic will be updated the more questions it gets. If you have a question on it, let us know.
-Mana earned for an individual Anubias by doing art work or through gifted and/or commissioned artwork remains with that Anubias even when traded/sold.
-Mana earned for an individual Anubias through it's owner's original artwork will convert into 1 Mana, since it is now being considered as gift art for its new owner.
For example, here we have artwork of Kaia done by Griffsnuff. It shows us how mana stacks.
Since Griffsnuff is the current owner of Kaia, this means she retains 7 mana for this work of art.
Should Kaia be traded to someone else, the new owner will only receive 1 mana for this art since they did not draw it. In return, Griffsnuff will now receive 1 Shell for creating artwork of Kaia "for" her new owner.
Should Kaia have earned a new status, she will remain that status. But the mana accumulated to reach that status will not be revoked from the previous owner, simply be converted to its new Shell count.
But the mana count will change to reflect the new reduced total. And all of the previous owners personal art will now convert to the 1 Shell per image.